- 12.3 million consumers in the U.S. and Western Europe combined accessed social networks
- U.S. led with 7.5 million consumers, followed by Italy (1.3 million, or 2.8% of consumers); the U.K. (1.1 million; 2.5%); Spain (751,000; 2.3%); Germany (1.9%) and France (1.7%)
- Among social networks, MySpace and Facebook were the most popular among mobile users in the U.S. and U.K.
- MySpace attracted 3.7 million U.S. mobile users and 440,000 U.K. mobile users
- Facebook counted 2 million in the U.S. and 307,000 in the U.K.
- YouTube attracted 901,000 U.S. mobile users in June
- Bebo drew 288,000 in the U.K.
Friday, August 17, 2007
3.5% of U.S. Consumers Visit Social Networks via Mobiles
According to a report by M:Metrics, 3.5% of U.S. consumers accessed a social networking site or blog via their mobile phones during June. Below are some statistics on mobile access to social networks: